Hi guys! Since it is the last Wednesday of the year, I thought it would be appropriate to round up some of my favorite spaces from the year and share them here with you. This isn’t really a top 10 lists or anything that formal, just things that I saw that inspired me as a designer throughout the year.
1.First up is a space from my style goddess, Amber Interiors. She is my absolute favorite designer and honestly I could have done this whole list and filled it with just her work. I have tried to restrain myself and only include a few of her projects. This first one is her whole house remodel that she entitled Client Freakin’ Fabulous. She is right, every space in this house is freakin’ fabulous. She really is the queen of California cool.
2. The next designer/project up is Susana Simonpietri, the owner and principal designer/architect behind Chango & Co. She is another one who’s entire project portfolio could have comprised this entire list. I absolutely love her ability to mix traditional and modern elements to create spaces that are both sophisticated and fun. Her redo of this Park Slope Brownstone is a perfect representation of that ability.
3. The next project up is from my sweet friends Kirsten and Erin of House of Jade Interiors. I have featured a ton of their work here on Best of the Web, but my all time favorite project of theirs this year had to be their Modern Farmhouse. I love how fresh and airy this space is while still maintaining a playful, lived in feel. So good!
4. As I might have mentioned once, or a hundred times, I participated as a guest in the One Room Challenge this year. I had so much fun and loved looking at all of the designers spaces. This mention though, is reserved for my #1 favorite space from them all. Cassie, from Hi Sugarplum’s living room that she designed with the help from Kristen at a Hunted Interior. I featured this here on Best of the Web Wednesday, but I just love it so much. It is so completely opposite my style, but I appreciate the richness, detail and color in this room. Gorgeous and sumptuous (yep…I just used that word.).
5. Okay, here is another design crush. Gosh, I sure do have a lot of those don’t I. I absolutely love Studio McGee, as does the rest of the world. My favorite project of theirs this year was their Pacific Palisades build out. You know I love a good custom build and this one is for sure a winner!
6. I found this next home on Domino’s list of the best houses of 2015, but I loved it so much that I had to share it. It is the Brooklyn Brownstone of jewelry designer Page Sargisson. I absolutely love the use of color in this space. It is so bright and vibrant without being overwhelming.
7. Remember how I said I could fill this whole list just with Amber Interiors projects? Well guess what, I have another one to share with you! This time it is her Client Double Thumbs Up project. I love how she took and already pretty RAD space and took it to a whole new level. Spectacular!
8. For my last one, I am sharing a beautiful design from the talented ladies over at Brooke Wagner Design. I absolutely love their Wildlife project in Malibu. I love how it is funky and classic all at the same time. I promise you that is not an easy combination to pull off!